Landscape Calendar • October
Plan for October
- Mowing & Edging – Continued as needed per the seasonal conditions.
Fall Cleanup – Leaves, more leaves… they all help build up our compost!
Seasonal Displays – Container plantings of mums, decorative cabbage and other options are available for fall color coordination. EMI will prepare seasonal displays to whatever size of project meets your needs.
Spring Bulb Installation – This process can begin as early as October, pending seasonal conditions.
Irrigation System Winterization – Irrigation system blow-out and winterization.
- Turf Application (Round 5) – Late Fall Application- Fertilization for root development
- Contract Renewals – Talk to EMI about renewing your arrangements for next year’s snow removal & annual maintenance schedule.
- Fountains Winterized – Make sure this gets done before temperatures are consistently cold enough to cause damage to your system and features.
- Holiday Displays (Planters & Lighting) – Winter displays and container plantings of mixed evergreen, boxwood, juniper, red-twig dogwood and curly willow. We will install and decorate live or faux Christmas trees, indoor and outdoor wreaths and garland as well as indoor and outdoor lighting displays.
- Snow – snow removal and salt applications based on client contract and level of service needed.