Landscape Calendar • March
Plan for March
- Tree/Shrub Application (Round 1 – Dormant Oil) – Preventative care for your trees and shrubs is important for the overall health of the plants. Our Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program ensures that the proper care is taken at the right time of the year with the right resources.
- Continue Tree Pruning – Finish up any necessary tree pruning, thinning, dead wooding and clearing braches from buildings.
- Final Spring Prep – Dead perennials should all be cut back by now, as well as any remaining leaves removed. Prepare for spring mulching. EMI wants to ensure that your site is clean and neat for the upcoming season.
- Bed Edging – edging all planting beds and tree rings in lawn areas. Spade or mechanically edge beds for a clean crisp look. Edging also creates a true edge for holding mulch in the bed. We recycle all of our edgings for compost.
- Bed Pre-Emergent Weed Control – If mulching your property it is important to apply a granular weed barrier prior to mulching that ensures no weed seed germination in the early spring growth cycle. Talk to your EMI sale representative about this service.
- Snow – Snow removal and salt applications are hopefully ending with Spring fever!
- Spring Color– Think spring color installation such as pansy, forsythia, heath. Color can highlight signage or building entries. Let our EMI Seasonal Color designer create a special for your beds or specialty pots. Now is also a good time to be considering summer colors as well.
- Bed Weed Control – Weed control in your landscape beds is very important for a clean, well maintained site. Our maintenance crews ensure that your site is weed free during all growing seasons by hand weeding and applications of herbicidal sprays as needed to keep weeds at bay.
- Mowing – Plan for the upcoming season of mowing of all your lawn areas. We evaluate turf by season and adjust mowing heights to promote root growth.
- Sidewalk Edging – Plan for weekly or bi-weekly edging of sidewalks as needed to give your site crisp, clean and well-maintained look.
- Turf Application (Round 1) – Almost time for spring fertilization, weed control and crabgrass control.
- Pond/Fountain Inspections- Plan for water quality treatments and clean ups if necessary after a spring evaluation.